Permitting and routing for commercial trucking in British Columbia.
Now easier and faster.

Permits currently available in onRouteBC:
  • Oversize - Single Trip
  • Oversize - Term (30-days)
View other permit types...

onRouteBC Login » Route Planner »

Access onRouteBC

Login to onRouteBC

Login to onRouteBC with your BCeID

onRouteBC Login »

Don't have a BCeID ?

Register for a Business BCeID, Personal BCeID, or Basic BCeID

Register a BCeID »


If you need assistance, or have questions about processing your permit, you can contact the Provincial Permit Centre.

Call 1-800-559-9688

What is onRouteBC?

About onRouteBC

onRouteBC allows commercial carriers to create a profile with their company and vehicle information, apply for permits, make payments and produce a map of the approved route. In many cases, the online system can auto-approve and issue a permit to carriers without ministry staff involvement.

Where permits cannot be automatically approved, such as an extraordinary load, carriers can submit a permit application using onRouteBC and the Provincial Permit Centre will be able to provide assistance.

onRouteBC is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, allowing carriers to get permits, even when the Provincial Permit Centre is unavailable.

To get started, use your existing BCeID to login to onRouteBC, or create a new one and get started.

Contact Us

If you need assistance, or have questions about processing your permit, you can still contact the Provincial Permit Centre.

Provincial Permit Centre

6am to 10pm (PST/PDT)
Seven days a week

Hours Exceptions

During daylight savings time, the Provincial Permit Centre is open from 5am to 9pm (PST).

The Provincial Permit Centre is closed on Christmas Day, Boxing Day, and New Year's Day.

Permit Information


The Commercial Transport Procedures Manual provides direction on policy, links to regulations, and clarification on T-Forms.

Commercial Transport Procedures

Out of Province

Commercial drivers transporting loads across B.C. borders need to take into account intra-provincial and cross-border issues, procedures, laws, regulations, and required permits.

Out of Province Transport


Click on the link below to access T-Forms. Each T-Form provides further information regarding commodity, vehicle, and regional limitations. T-Forms will be attached to your Permit. For those loads that do not require a permit or fee (Parade Floats/War Canoes and Non Resident Exemption for Repairs) simply print out the T-Form fill it out and send it to the PPC.

View the T-Forms

Permits in onRouteBC

Currently onRouteBC can process the below permits.

More permits types will be added into onRouteBC over the coming weeks and months.

Oversize - Single Trip
Oversize - Term (30 days)

Permits in Legacy TPS

For other permits, contact the Permit Centre at 1-800-559-9688, or use TPS Online.

Permit types will be added into onRouteBC over the coming weeks and months.

Oversize - Term
Oversize / Overweight
Overweight - Single Trip
Extra Provincial Temp. Operating
Highway Crossing
ICBC Basic Insurance
Increase GVW
Motive Fuel
Non-Resident - Quarterly
Non-Resident - Single Trip
Over Length (Empty) - Single Trip
Overweight - Term
Project Cargo*
Rig Move*
Extraordinary Loads*
* - Requires Permit Centre review before permit is issued

Personal information is collected by the Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure under section 26(c) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FOIPPA) for contact purposes and permit issuance. Should you have any questions about the collection of this personal information please contact: Provincial Permit Centre Manager, CVSE Branch, MoTI, Business Unit, 1201 103 Ave Dawson Creek BC V1G4J2 (250) 784-2224.